The human capacity for innovation and technological advancement is amazing.
For a long time environmental campaigners have been concerned about both the decline of resources and the pollution caused by waste. But such dual problems can often be combined to create an effective solution.
The problem of 'peak oil' and what to do about the 50million scrap tyres which must be disposed of every year in the UK alone is exactly one such case which may go a long way to providing for society while improving the environment at the same time.
See, human creativity overcomes our base fears - again!
Datablog publishes the statistics on the world's oil reserves.
Possibly related discussions (well that's how my mind works): Alix, LDV.
- ► 2011 (37)
- ► 2010 (58)
- To err, or not to err
- Ideas for Power2010
- Politics and Political Parties - the truth is out ...
- An End to 'Peak Oil'?
- A short statement on the speakers' conference on P...
- No More Ludo!
- Lessons from the SNP versus the BBC
- Peace Oscar Awarded To Obama
- Integration Or Disintegration?
- Tories Drop EU Referendum Pledge
- Ask and ye shall recieve
- ▼ October (12)