Thursday 10 March 2011

100-word letter: A stolen heart

I don't tend to do much personal blogging, as I'm pretty enigmatic and I just don't like talking about myself.

Breaking this rule for once, I was moved to quickly stream off an entry to a bloggers' 100-word letter competition (I like letters, me, see). The object is to write 100 words to someone, anyone of your choosing - so go on, you know you want to try it too!

Mine was inspired by a real incident which happened about a month ago and I've been bottling up since.

I hope you like it... and hopefully it will uncork that rare elixir of blogging again.

To my mystery man,
Though I never caught your name, still you conjure images of transient romance and a life lived on the edge.
I won't ever forget those few snatched moments for they are etched into my memory.
You didn't ask my name, yet that wouldn't change a thing.
Your caring nature was immediately evident just as your concern for animal welfare was obvious.
Your rough hands were passionate with desire and your eyes pulsated with a sense of destiny.
Nobody could resist the deep urging you instilled.
It was primal.
It was pure.
It was intense.
But it was fleeting.
Now give me back my wallet.

No comments: