I like this aerial photograph and plan of the proposed Heathrow expansion. It really gives a sense of what all the talk is about, so much so that I thought it deserving of it's own post and split it from my comment on the politics of the plans.
Several celebrity supporters have bought a plot at the heart of the development area in order to try and create an additional means of resisting the development if the plans are given the go-ahead.
Title to the area of land, which is about half the size of a football field, has been shared between multiple different high profile protesters including Susan Kramer MP and Justine Greening MP, of the LibDems and Conservatives respectively.
If the plan is accepted such a move is an effective bulwark against the development giving the protesters a means to play for time as negotiations for the purchase of the land can be protracted almost indefinitely.
- ► 2011 (37)
- ► 2010 (58)
- National society is a fragile human construct
- New picture header
- More Focus, More Occasional, More Sagacious
- Protection from Crime Virus
- The spin that wound me up
- The revolution will not be blogged, the revolution...
- After Baby P, Child T
- Drama, tension, anxiety, nerves - stage fright?
- Arboreal delights
- Oranjepan recommends: Animal Collective
- Ammo against Camo
- China now #3
- This travesty of democracy is the cause of our eco...
- Diggin' a hole for yourself
- Milliband moderates his tone
- That Heathrow decision
- Here we go again - a new dodgy dossier?
- A green field at its' heart.
- Do you remember Concorde, Mr Wilson?
- Why Oranjepan?
- Employment incentives - a different tack
- Requests taken: submit here
- Blogaholism, Twitteritis, RSS Dependency and Statu...
- Libertarians advise:
- Escalating conflicts
- The news of today
- Why the LibDems?
- Something to chew over
- There are no taboos
- My resolution for 2009
- Party animals
- ▼ January (31)